With the launch of our new Twilight Club Membership, this week’s blog is all about the benefits of an evening workout. Read on to find out how a “twilight” workout can do wonders!
While most people say mornings are the best time to exercise, according to many fitness experts exercising in the evening after work is a great way to burn fat and also relieve you of stress and worries.
How does this happen?
Evening workouts are often considered to be positive alternatives for those who want to begin or maintain an exercise routine and make the time to add some physical fitness at the end of their long busy day.
Here are a few advantages…
- Ensures better sleep: Working out in the evening will ensure that you sleep well. Workouts in the evening might seem invigorating initially and then will slowly lead to a sense of restfulness. The physical exercise will expend your energy and will prepare your body for a night of rest.
- You don’t have to deal with the morning rush: The best part about working out in the evenings is that you have more time for yourself in the mornings before you go out for work. Since it is difficult for working people to incorporate workout hours in the morning, evenings are the ideal time.
- More relaxing: Evening workouts usually don’t seem as tiring because it’s seen as more of a recreation activity. Evening workouts are more of a stress buster.
- Burn more calories: One of the best points of working out in the evening is that you can burn more calories, after all the eating that you’ve done throughout the day.
- You’re more physically prepared. Assuming you’re not working out so late that you’re tired, your nervous system will be more ready for a great workout than in the morning! With more energy stored in your body from your food intake during the day, your body is more fueled to train power and strength with more oomph!
- It’s safer for power and strength workouts. Many fitness experts agree that exercises—like squats—should be performed in the evening, doing that type of work in the morning is not as effective or potentially as safe as in the evening.
- You will have a calmer morning. This point may seem obvious, but not having to squeeze in your workout before running to the office means you’ll have a less-rushed morning. You might even have time for a proper breakfast instead of just grabbing a something on-the-go. But the best part? You can take your time in the evening. Maybe even enjoy the sauna and steam room!
What’s your favourite time of day to work out? Tweet us @SuitesSpa
Interested in becoming a Twilight Club member for just £20 a month?
Call our fitness experts on 0151-549-5444