It’s definitely been cold this February but who else is starting to see more red noses than usual?!
That’s right. Its Red Nose Day 13th March! Have you got your red nose yet?
Today our Rose Nose Day starter pack came in the post!
@Suites Hotel we want to get involved in raising as much money as possible for Comic Relief! So we have set ourselves a challenge to reach £250! And how are we going to do that?!
With your help of course! And a few funny faces 😉
At Suites Hotel Friday 13th March everyone is getting dressed up in fancy dress, funny hair and EXTREME make up! At the end of the day we will post our top 5 fancy dress and it will be down to YOU to pick who should be crowned ‘Suites Hotels Red Nose Day Champ’!
Red Nose Day is a great event which brings the nation together for a fun filled day to help raise money and change lives. Including Celebrities enduring challenges such as Mark Watsons 27 Hour Comedy Marathon, The Great Comic Relief Bake Off, Dermots Dance Day, Danceathon and the list continues!
If you are a British Bake Off Fan then you will have been enjoying watching celebrities like Johnathon Ross who when in doubt baking add more booze – That sounds like a good idea to me. To Gok Wan, Jennifer Saunders, Abbey Clancey’s, fabulous Dame Edna and many more!
Since the last Red Nose Day, Comic Relief has spent £99 million helping over 12 million people – this includes money raised through Red Nose Day, Sport Relief and other fundraising!
Here a just a few examples of what previous donations have achieved!
- Between 1999 – 2008 the number of children attended school in sub-Saharan Africa increased by 46.5million!
- The number of new infections of HIV in Africa dropped by 21% between 1997 and 2010!
- Since 2000, the number of people dying from malaria across Africa has fallen by a third!
- In 2009 Comic Relief distributed 600,000 mosquito nets to 234,591 households in mid-western regions of Uganda!
In 2012 thanks for the Time To Change campaign, 1.5 million people in England said that their attitude towards mental health has changed.
- Since 1998, Comic Relief has helped over 120,000 young people at risk of or who have experience sexual exploitation or trafficking!
- We’ve funded over 17,000 projects across the UK since Comic Relief began in 1985, supporting people living incredibly tough lives all around the country.
- Comic Relief helped to establish the National Domestic Violence Helpline, which has received over 1.5 million calls since 2003!
Comic Relief is making a massive change to millions of lives! So what will your donations do?!
£15 could pay for six mosquito nets, to protect 6 children in Uganda from contracting life-threatening malaria while they sleep.
£25 could pay for a sport session in the UK for a group of disadvantaged young people, keeping them safe & off the streets.
£50 could pay for a girl, living in a Kenyan slum, to do an apprenticeship and gain vital, life-changing skills and knowledge.
Please sponsor us and help us beat our target, raise money for comic relief and get dressed up!
Please click the link below to be taken to our sponsor page!
From everyone @ The Suites Hotel… THANK YOU!
Don’t forget on Red Nose Day 13th March you get to rate the best fancy dress!